Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One of the most disgusting human bodily behaviors is throwing up in ones mouth? It happened to me on Sunday as I flipped through the channels and stopped at a local church service broadcast.

I had nothing against this church, other than that I felt they unfairly and wrongfully dismissed a friend of mine a few years ago and that they seemed too seeker-friendly to me and a list of other things, but other than that I thought they were all right. But I tipped on them after watching 30 seconds of the service. As I turned it on, some crazy lady was up on the stage in one of the most annoying voices (along with a very annoying face) going off how blessed they were and how faithful the Lord was for putting them in their new building.

I always find that funny, measuring the faithfulness of the Lord by a building we meet in on Sundays, for one since I find that nowhere in the New Testament (and we all claim to want to be NT churches) and for two outside of the Western and Roman Catholic world believers meet anywhere they can, anywhere they are safe. Can you imagine Chinese or North Korean Christians or those in the Sudan praising God for giving them a new building? I think not, I think in those cases it's more like "thank God that we are allowed to gather together in the Name of the Lord in safety without the army or janjaweed coming in to blast us into heaven" or something like that.

So, as a warning, the next time I hear some crazy lady on TV or in person thank God for being so faithful by giving them a new building, I may not be able to control my rage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that we're not catching a connecting flight over to TX to listen to Joel Olstein tell us how we can live our best life now next weekend?