Friday, February 15, 2008

I have a serious problem. It's one that I've known about for quite a while but only recently really noticed the affects.

My problem is that I read articles like this and become unable to function normally. It could be about child prostitution in Thailand, AIDS orphans in Africa, sex slaves in the US or Mexico, abandoned children in Guatemala, it doesn't matter, I hear the stories and cease to be able to live in a right state of mind.

Not all people exist like this, and I don't think that is a bad thing. Some people can hear the stories, feel bad, have pity on those affected, but go on with their daily lives without much problem. They find fulfillment in what they do for a living, support causes that are close to them, and find peace in their lives.

I am not like that. I need to be there with the people. I need to be holding the children, feeding the poor, playing games and rehabilitating the slaves. I need to let them know that not only do I love them, but God also loves them and thus they have infinite dignity, value, and worth just because of who they are. I need to let them know that their plight is the result of a world gone wrong, that it wasn't in God's plan, but He is redeeming the world and wants them a part of His new creation. There is hope for them, and I need to be a vessel that shares this hope. I can't live any other way.

Please pray for me as MAJOR decisions are coming that will shape my future world, pray that I seek God and following His leading and calling in whatever direction it may be.

No comments: