Saturday, June 13, 2009

Being in Kenya for the sixth time, this is the first time I’ve felt very little need to write down some of my experiences, yet I will do so for my own memories down the road:

We’ve traveled too much while in country. We got in at around 10pm on the 6th, to the hotel at around midnight, up at 5 for a 12 hour trip on the worst roads I’ve ever been on. In Babati then for two full days, left the third day at 2pm for a trip back to Arusha, got in late, went to hotel, ready to sleep…banging on the door…WE NEED TO LEAVE! We packed our stuff, ran out of the hotel to another hotel, they thought we were in trouble so they transferred us to another hotel. Once we got there we were way to awake and freaked to sleep, so we were up most of the night, another 8 hour early the next morning. We are not in Masii, and thankful we’ll be here for a few days.

This is no insult to Lisa and the girls, but I am not as homesick this time as I have been other years. It’s made the trip much easier.

As those who know me know well, when I am here I enjoy seeing where the Lord is working in this country. Once again I’ve seen great movements of God from fellow saints working here. One example: There is a severe drought in the country, no rains, people are dying. One of our friends and his wife, Curtis and Esther Reed, have taken it upon themselves to bring food to some of the villages. He said they went last week to a village, though the people in the village did not know they were coming. When they arrived, they found that the people had gathered in the church to worship the Giver, though they did not know the gifts were on their way. As the gifts arrived, words could not express the praise and glory to God. POWERFUL!

We spend today in fellowship with the new church in Masii, discussing the Kingdom of God. We felt at first like we were not communicating with them properly, but by the end of the day we were mutually edified and learned from each other. Another great day to come tomorrow.

No comments: