Monday, December 29, 2003

All right, this is my first real post.

I was jogging along the other night and my mind began to think of things I am longing for. At this time of the year I long for two things, skiing in CO and hitting some sandy beach somewhere and soak up the rays. But as I thought of that (and tried to figure out ways I could make both happen) I began to think of something else that I long for. The writer of Ecc wrote "God has set eternity in the hearts of men" and this hits home. I long for eternity with the Lord. Not always in my flesh, because I am comfortable here, but in the Spirit I am ready to go. No more work, no more hassles, no more house payments or credit card bills, just God and those saints who have come to know Him and accept His grace - for all eternity. I think this will beat skiing or the beach...

No comments: