Tuesday, December 30, 2003

One of the great quandries I find in the Christian faith is living in the freedom of Christ. Galatians 5:1 says "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free" but Paul also writes and warns in Romans that this freedom and grace is not a license to sin. Also, I specifically need to beware that freedom doesn't lead to laziness and apathy. How then, do we live out our faith in this world? This is the journey I am on and the question I continue to ask myself. I'll get back to you when I know the answer.

I have these friends though who I think have the right idea. I had coffee with Chad the other night and he brought along a little friend who lives in a foster home. He looked just like one of my students at school, and I could just imagine what his life has been like, I don't even want to think about it. Yet this little man professes faith in Christ, and Chad and Barb are reinforcing that faith and helping him in his journey. I had this sense from my spirit that things were going to work out for this young man. Chad and Barb, know that I am praying for him and I thank God for your faith in Him and how you are living out your faith. You are an inspiration to me.

No comments: