Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I posted the Scripture below late last night after reflecting for a short time on the Erre book I referred to a day or so ago. He wrote a chapter on "The Danger of Theology" which made me skeptical at first but once I read it I felt I agreed with him. His simple premise was that theology is good and necessary but the purpose of it must be to help us know God rather than just know about Him. Again, I agree.

As I've reflected on the Scripture more throughout the day I keep thinking of a man I've respected since I came to Christ and heard him speak, Dr. Chuck Missler. This quote sums him up to perfection. The guy is a genius, I don't know his exact bio but I believe before he was a Christian he worked in the CIA, has connections with Mossad, the stuff he talks about in his speeches is so far over my head I don't even try to understand. His understanding of Scripture and his communication of that knowledge has been a blessing to me. I have the utmost respect for the guy.

But beyond his knowledge, what I really appreciate about Missler is how for him, the focus is always on knowing Jesus more. The prophecy he teaches, the way he breaks down the Word of God, everything about him is meant to help us and him know Jesus more. I've seen him breakdown in tear during his speeches due to his love of Christ and the way Jesus has transformed his life. For Chuck, the Scriptures are about knowing God, not just knowing about Him! Thanks Chuck for being an inspiration to me and countless others!

No comments: