Monday, January 08, 2007

Well, it's that time of the year and I can feel the seasonal depression hitting hard. Lisa could tell when I hit the tanning bed the other day that the time was here. It seems every year after the 1st of January it hits me hard (for two reasons I think, first watching the Jan. 1 Bowl Games in warm weather makes me realize that there are actually areas this time of the year that are not 20 degrees and second, watching the early season PGA tourney's in the island paradis that is Hawaii. Why do those people get to live in such comfort while I am chilled to the bone 24/7?). I find I am not content with anything, just dreaming about being somewhere else doing something else, but with my family at least (Lisa likes to hear that, rather than me adding on the end "with someone else"). I just want to get away! Yet I plod through, realizing that there are issues no matter where you live and what you do. I look for mini-vacations that come cheap, hoping to steal a few days on the beach. But mostly I just sit back and dream about another time and another place where maybe just once I can go through a winter without snow and cold and ice. Maybe I'm dreaming, maybe it will happen someday.

No comments: