Sunday, November 11, 2007

I've got two problems with the Economist's recent report on faith and politics:

The first is obvious:

Rick Warren, American's favourite preacher, likens his "purpose-driven formula" to an Intel operating chip that can be inserted into the motherboard of any church; there are now more than 100,000 "purpose-driven" churches in 160 countries.

Forgive me, I just threw up in my mouth.

The second is not much better:

Second, the latest form of modernity-globalisation-has propelled religion forward. For traditionalists, faith has acted as a barrier against change. For properous suburbanites, faith has become something of a lifestyle coach...

Both provide perfect examples with the problems of faith, I want neither of these!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know in some cultures they only eat vomit. I’ve never been there, but I read about it…in a book.