Thursday, May 08, 2008

I was very intrigued and quite honestly disheartened by this article. What did Rouse do wrong? I would think that what he did was taking high road, but coaches like Coach K (who I am starting to lost some respect for) seem to disagree:

"If one of my assistants would tape every one of my conversations with me not knowing it, there's no way he would be on my staff," Krzyzewski told "Outside the Lines" in 2003.

Furthermore, I'm not sure where I stand on terms of Bliss "reintroducing himself to college basketball." I'm all for second chances, but this just doesn't seem right. Rouse languishes in a graveyard shift, broke, while Bliss speaks for Athletes in Action and is dabbling with getting back into coaching. Is this one of those issues where the Kingdom just doesn't make sense? Shouldn't Bliss reach out to Rouse, who all I've talked to did the right thing? Your thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing, JP. Very unfortunate situation for this guy!