Friday, January 02, 2004

Quick rant, it deals with sports, sorry. For those of you who follow college football, I give respect to USC, but I am sick of saying they are by far the best team in the nation and the Sugar Bowl shouldn't even be played. Nonsense, the best team is playing Sunday night, and if Oklahoma wins big they are the best team, hands down. Enough on that, if they lose, congrats to USC.

Sorry about that for you non-sports fans. Let me tell you a little about my personality, I learn best and prefer to discuss things beginning with questions. For instance, how are we to handle those who profess to be Christians but their actions and even their words say otherwise. Example: someone says that they are a Christian, saved by the grace of God through the death of Christ, yet demand that one must be baptized and go through a serious of requirements for that salvation? Or if one again professes Christ but says He is one of many ways to heaven? How do we handle that? Many say we shouldn't judge, leave that up to God, quoting Jesus' words in Mt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

However, I think we can judge those who profess to be Christian, and I think that we should. If one professes to be under the blood of Christ, for them to teach or live something other than truth should be called out. Of course, we all make mistakes, but when one is blatantly and unrepentently teaching and living false doctrine, they need to be rebuked out of love. Paul wrote about this in 1 Cor. 5, take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments: