Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The following quote was submitted last week Tuesday in the editorial of my local newspaper. It began a longer essay on why America should not have lowered their flags to half-staff for the pope:
How easily we forget. For more than 2,000 years, Christianity has through coercion, deception and prevarication forced its ideology on Western civilization.
Pretty interesting, if one feels like that about Christianity, I wonder what they feel about Islam, the religion of the sword!

I don't find it that often, but when I do it really moves me. I'm talking about the body of Christ working together for the common good. And I'm not talking ecumenicism for all you skeptics like me out there. I'm talking two church, in this instance one mega- and one house- being of like mind. The house church needed some video work done in exchange for some consulting. The video work was of great cost, yet the mega-church said they could not charge the house church, noting "we are all in the same body..." That type of attitude is exactly what the Lord is looking for.

No comments: