Sunday, April 24, 2005

I saw “Hotel Rwanda” on Friday evening. You’ve probably all seen the reviews, yet I will say it may be one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen. I strongly recommend the few dollars to see it, or you could wait until I purchase it in a few weeks and I’ll lend it to you. I may buy a few copies and have my own little library.

…One of my favorite bloggers, who doesn’t blog much, is Joe Boyd. Anyway, last Easter he undertook a little project where he wanted to do his own commentary on the Gospel of Matthew. Before he did that, he warned his readers that what he was doing was for him and not them. He didn’t want to be rude, but was just warning us that we may not agree with what he is saying, but he was thinking on paper and we needed to just go along for the ride. I write this because that is how I feel now and have felt for some time, so thank you for bearing with me in my blogging and going along for the ride.

…I’m doing much better psychologically lately, been out of my funk for almost two weeks and hope to never go back. Lisa even commented on how much better it is living with me lately.

…Tomorrow night I am getting together with two more gentlemen to seek the Lord’s leading on where He is taking us. It may be to start a church, it may be to continue what we are doing, it may be to stop what we are doing and do something else, who knows. We are just going to the Lord as a group and see what He says. The Lord really spoke to me twice this past week, once when I read about the sentencing of a man who brutally abused his little girl, awful stuff! It seemed that He pressed on my heart at that moment that He is going to lead me into a position to help children like this little girl and be of service to them. Similarly, with watching “Hotel Rwanda,” when it was over Lisa went to bed and I was lying in the basement and the Lord again seemed to tell me that He is going to use me as a voice for these people, that I am going to love them and serve them and share His love with them. Exciting yet intimidating at the same time!

…This one’s getting a little long, but I want to share something I was thinking about at our Bible study this evening. While the group was discussing Luke 15, I went on my own to Romans 8, a favorite Scripture for many Christians. I had read it probably hundreds of time, but I read it again, focusing on verses 18-27. A few things stuck out at me:
- Creation itself will be redeemed and is actually longing for redemption, just as we as humans are.
- “Hope that is seen is no hope at all.” That reminds me of Hebrews 11:1 where the writer says “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
- Paul also writes that the “Spirit himself intercedes for us…” when we do not have the words to pray. I often lose the words to go to the Lord with, at those times I just pray that the Lord knows my heart for His people and ask Him to move. Cool stuff that we can do that.

No comments: