Wednesday, January 25, 2006

WOW! Has it been almost two weeks. I started this blog about ten days ago, it's outdated now but I'll post it anyway. I know I blogged that I've been busy, but this has been crazy. Two kids in the mix, one sick, is really cool but also a lot of work. I love it, but I never thought it would consume this much time, along with work, classes, bball, etc.

On my way to coffee tonight (ten days ago)I was thinking about "Tuesday's with Morrie" and Morrie's comment about the Buddhists in particular. He says, "Maybe we should be like the Buddhists who turn to the bird on their shoulder and ask it today is the day" (paraphrased). That got me thinking, what do the Christians say? How about "love."

This almost can't be true, but did you see the Sports Guy's comments on Kobe:

On his 666th regular season game (seriously), Kobe scored 66 percent of his team's points.

I'm actually a fan of Kobe, but that's just too much.

Finally, I never thought I'd see common sense quoted in the court of law until I read this article recently. My wife is a Pharmacist so she gets all these nerdy periodicals to do her CE credits and such. This past month's mentioned a court case in CA where the pharmacist didn't consult because the patient turned it down, which is allowed by law. Well, what the patient didn't realize, but what was handed to him in writing, was that his med could have a side-effect of something like peristalis or something, and he got it, but didn't realize it until it was too late, and now has some permanent effects, although I don't know how severe. So of course he sued the pharmacy, but since he turned down the consult they were off the hook. Not so fast my friend, he said since there were two meds and one was new they should have forced him to consult, and he may be right. But the court ruled in favor of the pharmacy, saying there is no way it would be possible to consult every patient whether they desire it or not, doing so would cause more lines at the counter and more angry patients, and the guy needed to read the info he was given. They even cited "common sense" in the argument. WOW! Maybe there is hope for our country after all.

No comments: