Thursday, February 01, 2007

I've got to disagree here with the ESPN article posted earlier today (they've since taken the article off and I can't get the link or the author's name, it was Ian something).

Johnson is 6-3, 315 pounds, and he is afraid. Not of Peyton Manning. Not of Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Not of Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes.

Tank is afraid of you. He is afraid that you believe he has no business playing against the Colts in Super Bowl XLI.

That means he's afraid of me, too, and millions of right-minded Americans who are sick and tired of the rich and famous, the athletes and movie stars, living by a set of rules never available to the ordinary Joe.

I could be wrong and a few of my few readers may have better insights or backgrounds on this kind of thing (Hint, Adam), but I'm pretty sure that if I were in Tank's position, charged and out on bond and my work forced me to travel to a different state where I was not a risk of flight or to the harm of others, I would be allowed to go. And where does this guy get off calling himself "right-minded"? Kind of arrogant in my mind. Thoughts?

2 comments:

James said...

This may have been the opinion of the talk show hosts, but I heard two different radio programs talking about the judge not wanting to be considered responsible for costing the Bears the Super Bowl. We know how rational Chicago fans are (see reaction to Steve Bartman). Like you, I don't think he's a threat, but if the judge modified the law for this athlete, then I have a problem.

I had more of an issue with some of the comments Tank was saying. Something about demons in the media, always out to get him. Not sure how the media forced him to have more artillery than some small countries in his house.

GO COLTS!

JPN said...

I have a problem as well if the judge modified the law for him, I just can't see that being the case. However, if the judge did say that he/she didn't want to be considered responsible for costing the Bears the Super Bowl, they should be removed.

I hadn't heard Tank's comments either, but did you hear Grossman talk about the media being ignorant. After the season he had...and the media is ignorant. He is terrible and now they are really going to rip him.