Saturday, January 10, 2004

I just drove past a group of protestors on College Avenue with signs and pins and buttons. They were protesting the war. If I had time, I wanted to stop and talk to them, just to ask not what they were against, but what they were for.

We seem to be against a lot in our society today, but few focus on what we are for. Many of you know that we have begun a House Church instead of taking part in the traditional church structure. One thing I have been trying to be sure is that we focus not on what we are against, but what we are for. I have begun to create a list of what I am for below, it's incomplete, but it's a start...

I am for...
- Jesus
- the Church
- living as a child of God
- unity in the body
- study, living, and teaching of the Word of God (Ezra 7:10)
- serving the poor, being the hands and feet of Jesus
- spreading the Gospel of Jesus
- looking forward to eternity and living with an eternal perspective
- having a proper biblical worldview
- Christian community

I have more, that's enough for now. More on this at a later time. I hope and pray the Lord is blessing you all with His presence and spirit as you serve Him!

No comments: