Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Sorry about the double post the other day, I was having computer issues.

We won our twelfth game in a row last night, but it was a struggle. But after winning so many games by 40 points, struggling to win one was nice.

I am reading Dallas Williard's book "The Divine Conspiracy" mainly about the Kingdom of God. Some interesting stuff, but a definite deep read. It's for a class I am taking on the Kingdom. Here is my question that I have been grappling with for sometime. Jesus came and said, "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand." I believe that Jesus ushered in the Kingdom or access to the Kingdom of God for us as humans. We now have access to the power of the Kingdom through Jesus. But this is where my questions lies, what about the people in the OT? I know that the Kingdom is eternal, so it wasn't created just when Jesus came, God has always and will always rule or reign, which is what a Kingdom is. Did the OT people not have access to it? That is what it seems like. I'm confused.

If I learn something about this in the class I'll let you know. If you have any wisdom to share please enlighten me on this area.

God Bless you all!

No comments: