Monday, March 22, 2004

Remember some time ago when I wrote that one of my player's parents, a Christian, was livid at me for various reasons. Well, I received a scathing letter today. I've got mixed emotions and reactions to this. For one, I feel my conscience is clear in this matter (and it is), therefore there is nothing more that I can do. I feel they are totally taking this the wrong way and I am in the right. Also, their accusations of me are clearly not accusations Christians would make, at least in my mind. Also, taking to heart my faith in this manner as they have makes me wonder, what does a Christian (in this case Christian coach) look like? I know what they think it looks like, equality, fair, appeasing to the crowds, giving in to pressure, etc. Does some of that exist? Probably, but like I told Lisa, I don't put myself in this category at all, but the people probably got mad at Paul and Jesus as well. In fact they did, they got so mad at them that they killed them. They did things that made people mad. As Christians, we can't please everyone. As I have said, my conscience is clear in this matter.

But second, it does hurt when another so-called brother and/or sister in Christ feel this way about you. I have already apologized and sought forgiveness, but to no avail. I rethink if I could have done things differently. I want to be a witness for Christ. What is a person to do.

I guess just another day in the life of a human in a fallen world.

No comments: