Monday, December 20, 2004

New Book Idea

The idea of publishing a book has always interested me, even though I have very little writing skills. Nevertheless, while lying awake in bed last night, the idea for a book popped into my head. With extreme poverty and depravity around the world today, many ask what can be done to curb the violence and desperation. I have always belived it would be one at a time. While in Kenya this past summer, with the problem of well over 2 million AIDS orphans looming large, we asked what could be done, and the Africans told us the well-known story of the starfish, where the young boy stands on the shore firing washed-up starfish into the ocean. A man asks him what difference he is making, the boy says it is a difference to this one.

Much the same, I believe the way to make a difference in this world is to help one at a time and hope in turn they help another and so on. I plan to interview various people/organizations and get an idea of what they are doing and simply turn that into a book of stories. It may not make New York Times best sellers but it may be interesting.

You never know...

No comments: