Saturday, May 05, 2007

I remember thinking shortly after watching "The Titanic" back in college that I was not and would never be a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. Of course, the first movie I remember noting post-Titanic was "The Beach" and just by the cover and trailer there was no way I was going to watch this chick flick (although as you will remember, I've since viewed this movie and LOVE IT!). But when "Gangs of New York" released in 2002 followed by "Catch Me If You Can" the same year, I was rethinking my stereotype of him. Then came "The Aviator" in 2004, which I loved, followed by "The Departed" which I felt was overrated and "Blood Diamond," which I loved. All in all, what I'm saying is that I've changed my mind, I'm a fan of DiCaprio, have the utmost respect for him, and echo what Scorsese wrote of him in the latest edition of Time.

No comments: