Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I continue in my reading to hear how the new wave of thinking focuses so much more on grace rather than legalism. I like to hear this, yet my heart is still struggling to move from one to the other. I totally am in with the grace thing when it deals with others, for instance showing the grace and love of Christ to unwed mothers, to the poor, etc. However, when it comes to my own life I tend to stay on the side of legalism, not wanting to use grace as a license to sin. Right now I am thinking that this is because I know my heart and my ways and know that if I go too far who knows what may happen, and I don't want to fall into sin. I'll stay on the right for now in my personal life and go to the left when dealing with others. We'll see what happens with that.

No comments: