Thursday, May 27, 2004

Take a second and think about this question:

If someone were to come up to you today and tell you that your entire belief system was wrong, would you listen to him and try to discern what he was saying?

Two thoughts come to mind when I think of this question. First, that is what we do to others who we seek to lead to Christ, telling them they are wrong instead of leading them to truth. I think there is a big difference in these two methods. Second, I know that if one told me my entire belief system was wrong, I would give him the time of day and listen to what he had to say, if for no other reason than being able to refute what he was saying and seek to lead him to the Lord.

I think my point is this. All too often we get prideful of our existing belief systems and believe in the form and facet of what we beleive and the culture in which we believe it rather than what we actually believe. I think that gets many religious people into trouble and keeps them from truly knowing and loving Jesus Christ.

No comments: