Sunday, May 02, 2004

I think I have already blogged on the fact that since becoming a father, I have been able to understand the love of God in a better way. Recently though, this has come to the forefront of my mind in an even greater fashion.

For example, my dauther is very shy (I say she is weird but I don't really mean that). Right now, and I hope it is just her age, but it seems like she has trouble fitting in and playing with other children. So when I watch her, my heart just goes out to her, I grieve for her and my entire spirit just feels for her. I want so much for her to be accepted and get along with others and fit in and so on. I get that feeling in my stomach, I think you all know what I mean, that feeling you get when you want something so bad you would do anything for it. It's that feeling.

I think God has that feeling for us all the time. In a different way than I have it for my daughter of course, but that same feeling. He wants so much for us to just love Him, to be in His presence, to sit in His arms and enjoy His company, His Spirit, His love and grace. Of course He wants us to serve Him and others as well, but I think more than that just to be His child. And when we struggle and don't live or love as we should, I think He gets that feeling as well. I could be wrong, but I am finding out more and more how much He loves me and wants me to experience that love.

No comments: