Friday, May 14, 2004

Just a couple of thoughts on this rainy Friday morning...

The weather does crazy things to one psychy (sp?). Every Friday I have coffee with a friend. Last Friday the weather was great and I left Starbucks feeling great, ready to take on the day. This Friday the weather sucks and I felt like crap when I left, wanting just to go home and go to bed. Every other variable was constant except the weather...

When we read some of Jesus' teachings and that of the entire NT, we find that many of the teachings are radical. But then as we re-read and study and grow in the Lord, we find that living in His Kingdom is something that is very radical and takes a radical commitment, something we in the West have a tough time with...

Along with that, if I were to ask what the essence of Christianity was, I would say the Gospel. What does one do to become saved? Believe the Gospel, which is found in 1 Cor. 15. Yet I know a lot of people who would affirm 1 Cor. 15, yet I would not believe they are saved. Is there more to it then? Doesn't that then make it works? I'm confused by this...

As I said before, God continues to draw me into His Kingdom and the radical living that it requires. My prayer is just that I can live what the Spirit is guiding me into...

Last, I used to think I was high stuff in God's Kingdom. But He is really convicting and humbling me more lately. There are so many people out there who are just spiritual giants compared to me. That's all right, but I just have to remember that the first will be last and vice versa, and instead of building my own Kingdom on this earth I need to build up the Kingdom of God.

God Bless!

No comments: