Thursday, August 26, 2004

For quite some time, especially since fatherhood but even before that, I have had a huge heart and burden for children who are abused or neglected. Every time I hear a story or see a child who is just not treated properly, I get so mad in the flesh I don't know what to do. Often I just pray. But the thing is that I don't have this same feeling for orphans or foster children who are treated properly, it's just for those, whether from one or two parent families or foster families who are not treated as children should be. It's almost like God is leading me to do something, but what do you do?

Having said that, check out this blog from a guy I check out every once in a while. There's a lot of truth to what he wrote:

"I'm so happy to have my family to come home to. Their unwavering acceptance of me, the constant encouraging of my dreams, the relentless encoure of "Daddy's home!" everytime I walk through the door are more than enough to offset a world of rejection from these countless unknown casting directors."

No comments: