Saturday, August 21, 2004

I'm in this mode again of having so much to say that I have nothing to say. In two weeks I'll be back to updating more frequently, otherwise I'm going to quit.

I just finished a paper on Roman Catholic ecclesiology. As usual I ranted about it the whole time, but I did find a few positives, one being professed unity toward a common goal and another the ability to find purpose and role in the insitution. However, we shouldn't need an intistution for either of those, we have Jesus and the Bible, yet we always want concrete things to worship, just like the Israelites with the calf.

I'm beginning to think more on my exodus from the modern church a year ago. My thinking this week is that I was sick of all of the facades being put up and the way we had to go play softball or golf to fellowship. I like what my favorite friend Jon Setser always tells me, let's just fellowship around Jesus. I like that.

Finally, I just ran into this quote from Richard Niebuhr and like it a lot:

“In his single-minded devotion to God, Christ leads men away from the temporarlity and pluralism of culture. In its concern for the conservation of many values of the past, culture rejects the Christ who bids men rely on grace.” - Richard Niebuhr

Blessings...

No comments: