Monday, August 23, 2004

Lisa and I were just at this art shop browsing and there was a bronze sculpture of a naked man for $65,000. That's no misprint. And people think Christians are crazy! The world doesn't exactly make the most sense either.

Another quote, this one from the book "Every Man's Battle": It costs something to learn about Christ. It costs a lot to live like Christ." TRUTH!

Finally, I find that I'm in this mode right now when I'm "against" more than I'm "for," and I don't like that. For instance, I've been too much against the institution of the Church rather than for the egalitarian grass roots way that I enjoy so much. I'm against the clergy-laity division rather than being for the priesthood of all believers. I believe we get further by being "for" something we believe in rather than "against" something we don't believe it. I'm glad I caught this, now I have to change.

One last thing, I'm reading this other book called "The Challenge of Jesus," it's not a bad book, some of it is way over my head, but the author asks a lot of good questions. I'm not totally sure on his answers, but the questions are great, I'll share them in my next blog, I want to get into some more reading first. Maybe then you'll come back anyway.

No comments: