Sunday, July 24, 2005

365 days ago this very minute I was preparing to board a British Airways 747 en route to London and on to Nairobi for my first trip out of the country (Tijuana, Mexico doesn't count). Not only my first trip abroad, but my first visit to the country the Lord laid on my heart many years ago, the wonderful nation of Kenya. I have written about this often and won't repeat the great time we had.

In less than 48 hours, I'll be on another flight to Nairobi on a follow-up trip. I'm very anxious, although I know that I'll once again miss my family greatly, they have to start coming along with me! In any case, your prayers are appreciated, we don't want this to be a tourist trip, our goal is to love, encourage, and support the local Kenyans, have some great fellowship with them, and glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. There's really nothing more to it than that. I'll be in touch again before I leave and while on the trip when I can. Blessings!

1 comment:

PORTSIDER said...

Have a great trip and travel safely, Jason!