Sunday, July 24, 2005

I find it kind of ironic that I am turning into somewhat of a "Desperate Housewives" fan. Not that I condone the behavior on the show, rather I am usually drawn to anything that the evangelical church gets a stick up their you know what for (with exceptions of course) and the fact that it is really a microcosm of our society today. It's life, it's reality, whether we like it or not.

Take tonight's show for instance. I only caught a few minutes, but one of the characters, the one with the red hair (I haven't watched enough to catch all the character's names, only Eva (my favorite), Terri, and Nicolete) and her husband were announcing to their children that they were getting a divorce. In perfect selfish/individualistic tone, the male child asked if he could live with his father since he and his mother didn't get along and the daughter said she didn't care as long as she had her own bathroom. Then, a few minutes later, the dad bought the boy a car and the girl modeling classes or school or something like that. Perfect!

Again, I'm not expert on this show, but I think I'll have to tune in a few more Sunday nights for some humor and a glimpse at the culture we live in.

No comments: