Monday, July 24, 2006

Before continuing, I suggest anyone interested to proceed to my brother's recent post on the Israel-Lebanon conflict. I find it very interesting and tend to agree with him. It is the post dated July 19, entitled "Attack! Attack! Attack!" and the more recent one titled "The Usual Suspects" is also appropriate as a precursor to this post.

That being said, I am not in favor of Bush's recent declaration that aid be shipped to Lebanon. Yes, I have a deep amount of compassion for the people of Lebanon, particularly those who want nothing to do with this war or the terrorists that run the country. Yet they still are the same people who allow this regime to continue and had no qualms about the social services provided by Hezbollah over the years. Well, in my mind, let Hezbollah take care of them now. If they are such a great organization, let them continue the education and health care provided over the years. The truth is they can't, they are a farce, and they need to be destroyed. Mind you, this is all coming from a peacenik who hates war yet understands it is necessary at times. And with Israel constantly being attacked from all directions, this seems as necessary a time as any.

1 comment:

Adam Nate said...

Thanks for the plug bro. And I totally agree with the post. I should have another one up in a bit concerning Lebanon’s LACK OF blamelessness in this conflict. Cheers!