Monday, July 24, 2006

I'm not going to lie, over the past 12-13 days I've been thinking a lot more about the Lord's return. And I'll admit there's been a little fear, but I feel that this fear is more the fear of the unknown (we know what heaven will be like, yet we don't, does that make sense?) and not a lack of trust in God. But I have been re-evaluating some things, that's for sure.

I really covet all of your prayers. We leave on Thursday for Kenya for over two weeks, then I return for two days and head to Toronto for the Int. AIDS Conference. I'm excited for both, but this is my first time leading an adult mission trip (I've been a leader of three youth missions trips and a co-leader of one adult trip, but I have little responsibility in the latter). I'm struggling making sure that everyone has an enjoyable experience while at the same time accomplishing the mission we set out with. Then there's being in charge of all of the money, making sure the plans are set, etc. Anyway, your prayers are appreciated!

1 comment:

Adam Nate said...

Concerning the imminent return of our Lord and Savior and King and my own COMPLETE wretchedness, I too experience a level of fear at the thought of facing Him. My gosh we fall so short. I can identify with what Dave Hunt once said, “I pray for humility and then I find I am proud that I’ve become so humble.” :-)

I mean we are NOT what God desires us to be. But for me it is those times that I have to go back and relearn and remember those simple but glorious truths that God’s Word reveals and those awesome promises we can stand on. Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so. There is now no condemnation. The old things are past, behold all things have become new. And so on.

I certainly can relate to your feelings given how near the day of His coming is. But I thank God for these times. It’s these times that I can really see the depth of my depravity, seek forgiveness and a fresh filling of His Spirit, learn to trust in His love and security, and look forward to His glorious and awesome appearing. Maranatha!