Sunday, July 02, 2006

Well, the time here with Japheth has been great. We have kept him very busy and everyone we have met has been very gracious to him. I was kind of worried in taking him to people like my grandparents as I know he is the first black man to step in their home for sure. But they have all been very polite, asked appropriate questions, and my grandfather even offered his home if Japheth ever brings his wife Ruth back to the states. I was amazed!

He also preached this morning in church and I thought it was good for him to get his vision and message out. He was received very warmly and kindly.

On the bad news front, I think I may have totaled my car today on the way to church. Japheth pointed out a bank I had never seen before and when I turned back around I didn't have enough time to stop and prevent a collision with a car that had stopped in front of me. We'll see tomorrow. It may have been a blessing though, as no one was injured, my car is worth nothing, their car was barely scratched and will only require a new rear bumper. Plus, my car was running poorly, is 14 years old, and we had been commenting of late that it may have seen its last days.

No comments: