Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A few things intrigued me as I perused my local paper yesterday:

First, Cal Thomas points out the often-cited contrast in pro-choice folk on their opinions regarding capital punishment:

It mocks life when anti-death penalty people advocate for the guilty, while caring nothing for the unborn.

He also points out something I had never thought of:

In self-defense, most see nothing wrong with taking life if another person is about to take theirs. It's only if the killer succeeds that the killer's life comes under constitutional protection.

Second, it is noted that "more than half the teenage girls taken from a polygamist compound in west Texas have children or are pregnant..." I'll guarantee they are not pregnant from other 14-17 year olds.

Finally, you've read the story, but I have to comment...that guy who imprisoned his daughter and his "grandchildren" for 24 years...crazy. Seven children...one dead at birth and tossed into an incinerator...three who never saw sunlight (what about the other three, how did he pass them off when they were out?)..I just can't comprehend. And after all that the mother has been through, her first reaction was for the welfare of her children, that they be protected and offered an opportunity at life...only a mother could think so selflessly.

No comments: