Sunday, February 26, 2006

As the Olympics wind down, I can honestly say I did not watch one second of the games. And I don't reget it one bit.

We lost last night, season is over. We just weren't good enough to overcome a free-throw discrepancy of 23-1, three missed layups, and quite a few costly turnovers. We were up most of the game, down only two with about a minute to go with the ball, but couldn't finish it. If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that we'd go 19-3, I'd have called them crazy. While we feel we had a good year, that doesn't lessen the sting of ending too early.

1 comment:

James said...

I couldn't agree more with your comments on the Olympics. I may have watched a total of 3 minutes. While I respect most of the athletes and the fact that they train for 4 years for that chance to perform for a few seconds, there was just nothing that I felt like I needed to rearrange my schedule to watch on TV.

Bummer on the loss. It's always tough, especially for the seniors. We'll probably see the same fate by Thursday night.