Monday, February 13, 2006

I've mentioned a lot of things that move me in this space over the past two years, and I've probably said this before, but I have always had a heart for abused children. Maybe it's because I work with so many who show the effects thereof, maybe it's just something that the Lord has made me sensitive to, I don't know, but when I read the paper or watch children being mistreated in public or hear the stories of my children, I get a major pit in my stomach.

I say this because right now I am snuggling on the couch with my daughter eating popcorn in our "movie theatre" (her term for when we watch a movie with the lights down). While drinking some juice, she spilt a little and felt bad, I told her it was no big deal, we'd clean it up (it was literally just a few drops). As that happened, I had the vision of stories I've read where this same type of thing happens and the child gets hit, told how stupid they are for spilling, how they need to grow up, go to their room, etc. It's only juice! I always want my daughters to know how much I love them no matter what, that my love supercedes and transcends anything they do, that it is unconditional, nothing will take it away. Again, I don't know why the Lord has made me so sensitive to this but I'm glad He has so I can be sure to love my children and family appropriately.

No comments: