Monday, February 13, 2006

Oh, I almost forgot...with tha previous post, one thing that continues to strike me is the natural instinct of children to gravitate and desire relationship with their parents no matter what. I have children who have been and are abused and mistreated from their parents just horribly, yet will not speak a bad word against them. There's something to that, something created in us that desires that relationship, just like I tell my students that even though their parents may not show it, it is natural for parents and love their children unconditionally, the problem is that their parents are so screwed up that they can't put things in perspective (not my exact words). Once they get back on the right track, they figure it out, figure out what they always desired, to love their children. They also think that they have fallen so far that there is no hope, and nothing could be further from the truth. It's just too bad so many don't figure it out until its too late, or pride keeps them from it.

No comments: