Friday, June 16, 2006

A couple of thoughts as I relax for a minute and take a break from moving:

1) I got this email today that there is this new college going into the GB area for college students interested in going into the ministry. They will provide training in preaching, evangelism, worship, etc. What struck me is that they are having a work camp at the end of the month for a week and they are charging people $40 for the week to come and help them rebuild the location. Hmmmmm, I'll pay you so that I can work for you for a week...does anyone else see something wrong with that. I'm all for service, but I don't know if I'm going to pay to go to GB and work for a week. Maybe there's something I'm missing.

2) Dwayne Wade is really getting on my nerves. I'm sick of him complaining (or the media doing that for him) of how hurt he is and then coming out the next night and putting up 40, like he's some hero. Reminds me of Tiger...

3) Speaking of Tiger, call me insensitive, but I find little pity for him this weekend in the US Open. I'm very sorry his dad died, I have no idea how heart-wrenching that is, but it's now been 6 weeks since Earl passed on and Tiger hasn't played since. If he claims rust, I'm all right, but if we are still going to sit there and feel sorry for him because he is still mourning, I'm out. If my father would pass away, I'd be given a couple of days and then expected to be back at work, and performing at a high level. What is different about Tiger?

4) Finally, here is what I hate about Shaq. The guy got flat-out pummeled last night by a man half his size. That would have been a candidate for Hit of the Week in any NFL lockerroom. He went flying! As they said on Friday, "You got knocked the f--- out!" But then I had to listen to him come into the post-game interview room and say that his daughter tackles him harder when he comes home from work. Come on Shaq, quit playin' with us, you got knocked out, and you know it!

3 comments:

James said...

Why the hate for D-Wade? Like MJ never milked it a little. I'm sure during the infamous game 5 versus Utah he was working it. Now I did hear someone on the radio saying yesterday that he is getting less humble, claiming that Miami is his town, blah, blah, blah. I just like his style. He's not afraid to take the ball in his hands and do whatever it takes to keep his team in it. LeBron has shown signs of that, but he seemed to cower a little towards the end of the Detroit series. And we say what Kobe did when it was all on the line agains Phoenix.

I tend to agree with your take on Tiger. I'm sure they are scrambling right now to find compelling stories for the weekend. With that said, have you seen the Nike commercial about him growing up with his dad. Pretty tough stuff.

As for Shaq, he did get pummeled. Still, I would have loved to see him get up and lay it to Stackhouse. If he connected it would be all over. Then if he fell on you, you might be dead.

JPN said...

To steal a line from Adam and Patrick, it's "unjustified hate." I can't explain it, but I can't stand the guy.

Adam Nate said...

Thanks for the plug. Our book of the same title is forthcoming :-)