Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A couple of more thoughts:

A story in the Toronto newspaper here today regarded the city of Vancouver and a drug site that they have in their city. It seems that there is this place in the city where people who have purchased heroine, cocaine, etc. can go there and smoke/inhale it with clean instruments. It is supposed to prevent the spread of AIDS since the people are using safe needles/spoons, etc. The city wants to shut it down but the people want it to remain open. At first I was on the side of the city, but bordering on being a libertarian, I think I'm for it. They also offer rehab and detox options. Thoughts?

I saw yesterday that Michael Bloomberg donated $125 million to fight tobacco use worldwide, does anyone but me think they could come up with better ways to spend this money?

No comments: