Sunday, September 17, 2006

I hate Notre Dame and am not a fan of Charlie Weis, but my hats off to him for opening his post-game conference yesterday with the truth: "'They deserve their just due,' Irish coach Charlie Weis said. 'I think it's important to understand that team just came and whupped us pretty good.'" No excuses, no blaming the refs or turnovers or anything, they just got whupped. Thanks Charlie!

On a totally different line, and I may be totally wrong here, but today I went into Express to look for some pants. I had found a coupon that expired almost two weeks ago, but I thought maybe they'd still honor it, maybe I should have known better, but I thought I'd give it a shot. So I go up to this clerk working the men's section and ask her if they'd still honor that coupon. She laughed at me, "No, I don't think we could do that!" if a very sarcastic tone. My response should have been, "Well, then I don't think I could shop here." Now, I know it was expired, I knew I had about a 1% chance of being allowed to use it, but I did expect more respect from a saleslady. A little, "I'm sorry sir, our store policy says...could I help you with something else..." anything other than a laugh in the face and sarcastic comment. I've never had good experience with their clothes anyway.

5 comments:

Adam Nate said...

Is it too much to ask for a little respect? I mean, what the hell man. I can just imagine that bitchy little tone too. That's it, to hell with Express. I'll continue to wear what I got, but no more business from me!

As Walter Sobchak would say, "Am I wrong?"

edluv said...

hey, i hate notre dame too. although, i do like their fight song.

JPN said...

I really never liked the clothes from Express anyway.

Regarding the ND fight song, I tend to like it too, my high school uses it for their fight song, although being a Michigan fan, I have to cringe every time it is played.

James said...

After 15 games:

Ty Willingham: 11-4
Charlie Weiss: 11-4

Hmmmmm. Maybe an upset by MSU will make them rethink that big contract. Go Spartans!

JPN said...

Good call, however, I don't think we'll see a replay of Willingham's next year and a half. We can only hope. One of the best quotes I heard on Weis was that he's only been doing this for a year and he's the second coming, guys like Bowden, Paterno, even Stoops and Spurrier have been doing this for years and now they're taking second fiddle. Proves our enamoration with the new thing.