Saturday, September 09, 2006

I hesitantly admit that I am an eavesdropper. If I'm in a coffee shop, restaurant, airport, etc. and a group next to me is talking loud enough for me to hear, often I'll tune in. I doubt I'm alone.

So our treadmill is broke at home so I went over to the school this morning to work out. After my run, while stretching, two older ladies were walking on the treadmill and I just happened to hear one of them complaining that her and her husband had been invited to some step-nephew's birthday or baptism or some sort of party. "They only invite us for the gift. We only see them 15 minutes a year, they invited 64 people to this thing, all they want is a gift...we're not going..." SO DON'T GO. I'M SURE THEY WON'T MIND! IF YOU ARE GOING TO GO WITH THAT ATTITUDE I BET THEY'D RATHER YOU STAY AWAY. WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THEY HAVE TO ATTEND EVERYTHING THEY ARE INVITED TO. YOU KNOW WHAT, THIS LADY WANTS TO GO, SHE IS NOSY AND IT WILL KILL HER TO MISS THIS, SO SHE IS GOING TO MAKE UP FOR IT BY COMPLAINING TO EVERYONE SHE SEES! THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!

No comments: