Saturday, November 04, 2006

I knew it had been a long time, but four weeks...WOW!

In honor of election season, I thought I'd post a little humor I found in TIME:

James Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family, last week told listeners of his radio program, carried on 1000 stations in the US, "Yes, what Mark Foley did was wrong, but it is still important to go to the polls and let our voices be heard...Take about five people with you and vote. It would be a sin not to."

Really, a sin? Not to vote? Hmmmm, I don't remember reading that as part of the law, guess I'll have to look again.

How important is it? As important as it was when we elected Bush in 2000 and 2004?

As one of my guest lecturers in seminary said four years ago, organizations need to stick to what they do well. Focus on the Family and Dobson started to bring the family together and keep it intact, had they stuck to that they'd be in much better shape today in my mind. Instead they've lost all integrity in my mind, but who am I?

No comments: