Friday, June 13, 2008

Couple more thoughts, glad to see a few of you are tuning in, I appreciate the comments:

1) What's happening to my Lakers?

2) Read three books so far on flight and downtime, two I strongly consider: "Standard Operating Procedure," a new look at Abu Graib by Philip Gourevitch; and "Africa Doesn't Matter," a critical look at African aid and the ways the West works to ensure Africa remains dependent, this one made me rethink some long-standing paradigms I've held onto, rethink but not change yet, need to process more.

3) I had to fly from Mombasa to Nairobi this morning for a meeting with a possible granting organization and flew right over Kilimanjaro, what a beauty and special sight! Unfortunately, it seems to be losing snow and they are hoping with it being winter here that some will come back. A great sight nonetheless.

4) We built in two days in Mombasa this year at the beach, beautiful area, and now the work begins. I'm just off to lunc with some of our Tumaini girls who are studying in Nairobi, then off to Masii for four days with the ministry, back to Nairobi to work with HEART in Mathare and Kibera, then a couple of days (hopefully) with Dotun and International Teams with Somali Refugees, then a couple of more days with other ministries we've not yet shored up. Now is when the fun begins!

Keep us in your prayers for safety and the Lord drawing us closer to Him!

2 comments:

LJ said...

I read a while back about the loss of snow at Kilimanjaro. The story linked it to (surprise) global warming. I wonder how they view it locally. The Hemingway story will be a distant memory if things don't change soon.

As far as your Lakers, "epic failure" was how it was described in the morning papers.

JPN said...

I figured the same on global warming, I should ask some locals to see what they say.

Still mourning my Lakers, can they win 3 in a row?