Monday, April 17, 2006

Well, in spite of my insistence that the $362 check my insurance cut me was no valid, I was told repeatedly that it is and I should go ahead and cash it. If they come back on me in a few weeks and ask for it back, I'll be livid. I'm still not set on keeping it, so I'm donating it to my good friend Japheth Simiyu of Kitale, Kenya. He hopes to come visit sometime this spring and could use the funds.

This is what I put up with on a daily basis. As a student was leaving my room today without permission, I asked where he was going. "Hey, Dude, I've got to take a crap, you don't want me to go all over this room do you?" No, but a simply, "Can I use the restroom would be more than enough."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have learned during my few months of teaching that the only thing you can do when kids give you lip like that is drop those suckas to da flo. You should go watch Dangerous Minds.

James said...

I think a swirly would be in order here. Our EBD teacher is always telling me stories about the good ol' days where you could use force to get students to do or not do things.