Tuesday, August 16, 2005

- Another sign that the apocalypse is upon us, MSN is reporting today on the latest fashion trend of jeans that cost upwards of $200. One lady, a receptionist where the author of the article works, confessed to owning 20 pair in the $150 to $300 range. Ahhhh, but gas prices are what is causing our wallets to run dry, just as I suspected.

- I was amazed at my experience at the Post Office yesterday. First, I went at 3:30, not the optimal time for quick service. There were at least twenty people in front of me, with one lady holding up one window with so many boxes that she had a dolley and made numerous trips out to her car for more boxes. I thought I was in trouble, but the clerks worked very hard and I was out in ten minutes. Not only that, but I was able to send three packages to Kenya for less than $15, and they will arrive in 4-7 days. WOW! Thanks USPS! I'm a fan even though you sponsor Lance Armstrong.

- From the "you have to see this" files, the Pamela Anderson roast on Comedy Central is pure humor. It's especially interesting to see celebs rip on each other without stretching the truth one bit. I was laughing so hard that I woke Kendyl, who was sleeping on my lap. A word of warning, however, it should be rated R, even though it appeared on cable, so if you are sensitive to those things, buyer beware!

- Finally, with "Remember the Titans" planing on ABC last night and the topic of racism comprising a large section of Yancey's "What's So Amazing About Grace?", this topic has entered my thoughts again. Basically, I am just angered at the treatment of blacks and other minorities in the history of this country, mainly in the name of religion, and saddened that it is still such as issue today. As the generations pass, people are more open to those of other races, but to even think that we would judge harshly those who simply look different than us makes me sick. For believers, this is so contrary to the ways of the Kingdom, yet we continue to exhibit these behaviors with little or no guilt.

No comments: