Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A few random thoughts from my trip and time home:

- Dan and I came to the conclusion that Kenyan women are beautiful, and the men kept trying to set Dan up with a date...

- Much of the theology in Kenya is terrible, it is controlling and I believe doesn't allow them to grow spiritually or economically for that matter. On the other hand, they understand community and worship like I have never seen before.

- Dan and I spending the two weeks with our driver, Nelson, was like two A list celebrities from Hollywood coming and spending time with Lisa and I. The highlight for him was probably us going to meet his family the second to last day we were there. It was our idea and he loved it! We took pictures of the family and are going to send them, they don't have any family pictures and the mom and dad are both in their 90's. He couldn't stop saying how much fun he had, and if we come again he said to let him know as he would stop whatever he was doing to spend the time with us.

- These people can eat!

- Some of the major frustrations included never knowing where in the hell you were, getting nauceous from the roads and constant outpouring of diesel fuel, always being scared that you were going to die from the meals, yet always getting yelled at when you didn't eat enough, and always being asked for money.

- I don't know why it is, but whenever I travel east I have no problems with the time change, but going west just kills me. I am just starting to get situated back here, while on the way there I had no problems with jet lag.

That's about it for now, it's good to be home. Coming soon, I almost finished "What's So Amazing About Grace" and want to share some thoughts on it.

No comments: