Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Once again, from the anals of "it's not the gas prices that will kill our pocketbooks, CBS News reports that Americans will spend $36 billion on their pets this year, including high end spa treatments.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it when Christians use prayer as an evangelistic tool. Maiya is infatuated with our wedding video, we have to watch it almost once a day. During the prayer at the meal, the gentleman decided he would use this as a time to preach the Gospel rather than thank God for the day and the food. I almost threw up. It happens all the time (too many times, admittedly, by yours truly), prayer is meant to worship God, not help people belive in Him.

For some reason, I've watched quite a few movies starring Denzel Washington lately. And I must say, I give this man his due. Not only does virtually every movie he is in win critical acclaim, but he portrays such a wide variety of characters, from the fiery coach in "Remember the Titans" to the bad ass in "Training Day" to the caring father in "John Q." Add to that the fact that he stays out of the tabloids, and Denzel cracks my top five list of most appreciated and talented actors.

No comments: