Monday, March 07, 2005

I know, it's been over a week again...

Just checked out Vox Day's blog site again and he had a plea for prayer for the son of his cousin who has just been diagnosed with leukemia, he's around two. I read a few of the 66 comments people had made regarding this plea, and one person wrote how he had been through that and didn't wish it on anyone. Makes me think how much pain and suffering is in this world.

On that topic, I watched the movie "Beyond Borders" this weekend. Angelina Jolie is crazy and I don't agree with her politics or life choices, but she made a great movie here! It's about humanitarian aid around the world and how little actually goes where it is needed, at least that's how I interpreted it. Again, makes me think how much pain and suffering is in this world.

A seventh grade student in my school district died this mornig of meningitis. From what I am told, great family, great kid, went to dinner with his family on Friday night, came to our basketball game, then came down with a major fever Friday night and now he's dead. Makes me think how much pain and suffering is in this world.

Speaking of our game, we lost in overtime. Pain and suffering...Anyway, after the game I was thinking of how much I wanted to win that game, for me, for the kids, for the community, I wanted it so bad I was getting stress headaches and chest pains last week. Then I thought that I wanted that win more than I want a lot of other things in life, the salvation of neighbors, justice around the world, freedom for God's people, the Kingdom to come, etc. If I wanted those things as much as I wanted that game, if we all wanted those things as much as we want things for our flesh, God just may go ahead and grant our prayers.

Thanks be to God for the hope we have in Christ!

No comments: