Friday, June 10, 2005

Copy machines amaze me, put my packet in and it'll sort, collate, go from one sided-to two-sided copies, amazing!

Great quote from Vox:
Society and the courts have turned away from the founders' emphasis on personal responsibility, she has argued, toward a culture of government regulation and dependency that threatens fundamental freedoms.
I couldn't agree more...

Drudge reports that the cremated ashes of a lady in Houston were stolen out of the mausoleun and replaced with a can of sour cream 'n onion potato chips. Her daughters were dismayed, noting that they hoped this would all be cleared up "before we die, so we can find some closure in this..." Before we die? So we can find closure? Ladies, your mother is dead, ashes or no ashes, the closure happened when you put her in the fire. I find it interesting how people get so upset on what happens to the body after death. Like last year when that funeral home in Georgia just buried the bodies in their backyard instead of cremating them. (Now there are obviously moral and health issues at stake here, I'm focusing more on the reaction of the families.) The person is dead, their soul is gone, who cares what happens. If that were to happen to my family, I think I'd kind of laught about it, kind of ironic, potato chips? As for me, I prefer to be cremated and donate whatever they can to research, but if I get fed to the lions after death, I couldn't care less.

Enough of the news, personally I'm doing fine. Maiya has been an absolute sweetheart and silly little girl of late, I'm enjoying the limited time I've gotten to spend with her. We're almost done redoing Maiya's new room and the baby room, with the little one expected in less than three weeks. Summer school is one third done, praise God, and basketball camp is over, I now feel like summer is here. Nothing else really going on.

No comments: