Monday, December 26, 2005

I just realized I've had my car for over five years. Never in my life did I imagine I'd drive the same car for that long. Here's to another five!

I was just checking out some odds and ends at Walgreens when in walked a young lady who looked very happy and excited. As I was leaving, I glanced at her and noticed she was purchasing what looked like a pregnancy test (don't ask me how I would know what one of those look like). I thought that made sense, then I went out to my car and saw was had to be her boyfriend/husband, he looked nervous as hell! I had to laugh.

I had this thought a few days ago. In the academic spheres, I think polarization of ideas is natural and good. However, my thought is that the more one enters the "real world," the more we put ideas to names and faces and individuals instead of groups, the more liberal a conservative becomes and the more conservative a liberal becomes. Am I off on this one?

No comments: