Sunday, December 25, 2005

I survived!

The "Oozeletter" makes an interesting comment:

Also, we would Like to take this opportunity say thank you for you support of THEOOZE a we hope you have a great Christmas and consider contemplating this during the season: What if the incarnation was more than just a one-sided event? What if God learned as much about being human-one of us-as we learned about God's divinity when God journeyed to be with us?

Like I said, interesting thought, though I disagree. They don't add any qualification of this question, so I don't know if they are heading in a specific direction. The only Scripture reference I could think of would be Hebrews 4:15 where the author writes "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in any way, just as we are - yet was without sin." He was human, He did become one of us, but to think that God learned something that He didn't already know by Jesus' time on earth, I find that hard to swallow.

No comments: