Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I listened to a two-hour lecture today from a man who works for the WI Department of Justice in the specialty area of Internet crime/sexual predators. Let's just say this, when my daughters get older, we will have Internet filters, we will supervise all Internet activities, and pray hard every night that they are not getting into trouble. This guy poses as 13 and 14 year olds on the Internet, and within minutes he has propositions for sex, nude pictures, etc. It's crazy!

Last night I posted a few song lyrics that especially touched me, I wanted to talk a little about one in particular:

Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious mourn...

What I particularly appreciate about this is that it touches on the new day that was dawning with the birth of Christ. One of my favorite Scriptures comes from Hebrews 7:12, "For when there was a change of priesthood, there must also be a change of law." John (1:17) also hit it on the head when he wrote, "For the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." I don't know that I'll ever understand fully this relationship between the old and new covenant, but I do know that a change took place when Jesus came to this earth, a new day was dawning, all now had access to the covenant through faith in Christ, and because of that I sit here tonight a saved man, one who reigns with Christ and will for all eternity, not by anything I did, but by the grace of God. That is what makes the weary world rejoice!

No comments: